I was so excited when I discovered how to make my own sweet potato fries in the oven. They are very tasty and so easy to make, plus if you make them in the oven yourself they are not covered in the same amount of oil necessary for frying. These fries are perfect to use as a side dish or healthy snack for the summer.
I find that the only tricky part about making these fries is the cutting. It can be tough to cut through a large sweet potato so you need a sharp knife and a cutting board to assist you. When cutting the fries you want to cut fries that are roughly 1/4 inch by 1/4 inch.
Serves – 2 Time – 1 hour
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
For a healthy dipping sauce I used dijon mustard
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees
- Wash the sweet potatoes
- Slice the sweet potatoes into 1/4 in by 1/4 in cm fries
- Place the fries in a bowl and coat with the olive oil. mix until each fry is lightly coated.
- Add the paprika, garlic powder, black pepper, dried thyme, and salt to the fries and mix until each fry is evenly coated.
- Line 2 baking trays with parchment. Spread the fries onto the parchment ensuring that no fries are overlapping.
- Once the oven is preheated, place the fries into the oven for 40 minutes (flipping after 20 minutes).